Thanks for Visiting!
I mean that. You're the best. Hi!
I'm a creative director, designer/developer, leader, and entrepreneur who lives in Santa Monica, LA. I moved to New York back in 2008 to start Medialets with a close friend. After seven years of insanely hard and fun work, we sold the company to WPP. I (very) recently moved to LA because I am a rational being.
Before I landed on the best coast, I was helping out at Monotype to create revolutionary ways for type and fonts to be used in digital mediums like Ads, VR, AR, and more. ...awesome stuff that empowers creatives (like me!) to implement brand expression.
Back when I ran the award winning creative team at Medialets, I also wrote Specly, a design methodology that helps digital creative and production teams envision, share, and build next generation design work.
Providing inspiration and perspiration on talented teams that get important work done is what I love to do.
Featured Articles, Awards & Accolades
As Flash Apocalypse approaches, here are HTML5 rules of thumb to keep in mind
- Quoted in Article @ May 2016 in Marketing Land
How to survive and thrive through the Flashpocalypse
- Published Article @ May 2016 in ITProPortal
- Gold in Mobile Rich Media @ 2014 IAB MIXX Awards
- Silver in Video & Rich Media @ 2014 Smarties Awards
Polo Ralph Lauren “Magalogue” iPad ad execution
(The world’s first live streaming event within a mobile ad.)
- Best iPad/Tablet Advertising @ 2012 Digiday Mobi Awards
- Best Mobile Branding @ 2012 Digiday Mobi Awards
Pepsi MAX iPad ad execution
(With surprise Snoop Dogg cameo!)
- Best Mobile Video Advertising @ 2011 Digiday Video Awards
Vampire Weekend Contra Album Release iPhone ad execution
(The world’s first interactive music video in a mobile ad.)
- Best Advertising on a Mobile App @ 2010 DPAC Awards
- Best In-App Video Content @ 2010 DIVA Digital Video Awards
Chase Sapphire℠ Sponsorship of New York Times iPad App
(The world’s first rich media ad on a tablet.)
- Best Campaign in iPad Early Adopter @ 2010 Digiday Mobi Awards
HBO’s True Blood iPhone ad execution
(The world’s first transparent overlay ad in an app.)
- Best Mobile Creative @ 2010 Digiday Mobi Awards
Docker's “Pants Dance” iPhone ad execution
(The world’s first shakable ad.)
- Best Mobile Marketing Campaign @ 2009 OMMA Awards
- Silver in Mobile Platforms @ 2009 IAB MIXX Awards
- Featured as First Case Study @ Damien Ryan’s The Best Digital Marketing Campaigns in the World (ISBN: 0749460628)
- Coverage in Nearly Every Major News Outlet @ NYTimes, WSJ, Forbes, Fast Company, TechCrunch, Mashable, etc.
Featured Speaking Engagements
- 2016: Presented HTML5 is Eating the World at Monotype Agency Day, Cooper Union, NYC
- 2016: Spoke at ATypI Conference, Warsaw, Poland
- 2015: Presented a live webinar, hosted by Monotype: Making the Switch to HTML5 Ads.
- 2014: Spoke at the IAB’s Leading Edge of Mobile Creative, Session Presenter & Panel Participant at the IAB Ad Lab.
- 2014: Presented at Web Congress, NY “Announced Specly” + Q&A
- 2013: Taught at Mobile Leaders Alliance (MLA) “Mobile Advertising Primer” 1 hr. training session + Q&A
- 2011: AppNation San Francisco “Leading with Mobile Rich Media” 1 hr. session + Q&A
- And many others that I don't recall...
Featured Industry Working Groups
- IAB Display Creative Guidelines Working Group
- IAB HTML5 Working Group
- IAB Mobile Couponing (MoCAUS) Working Group
- IAB MRAID Working Group
- I created Specly because my team needed it!
Specly is the best way to envision and share design specifications. On the web at: http://spec.ly